Feb 7, 2011

Modified Singapore fried bihun

Not many people familiar with Singapore fried bihun (SFB).
The difference of SFB from other bihun is that the color is white. What is in it is actually based on the person who cooks but originally, SFB uses prawn.

I feel like I'm writing a thesis. Lols.

Okay, the story is like this. I've been wanting to fry bihun for weeks. The noodle is there in the cupboard but I don't have the wet ingredients. So, the bihun is just laying there.

Weeks went by..........

Today, I woke up with blocked nose. It was freezing cold. The crazy wind is back. I just don't feel like going out of the house. I was thinking what to eat. And I remembered, the bihun. There was a few onions and cili padi left from yesterday. Yes, yesterday me and my friend had a cooking date. We cooked ayam masak lemak cili padi which is meletop maut and baby buncis with telur. The cili padi is freaaking mahal.

So, with whatever is left in the kitchen, a little this and that,

Taaaaaa-daaaa!

My very own modified SFB
Haha

I used onions and garlics. The blender is not with me, so I ketuk-ketuk with lesung. Then I patah-patah kan like 8 batang cili padi. In real SFB, they use black pepper. Then I put some fishballs. 2 cubes of maggi chicken stock. 1 egg. Dashes of salt. Then the noodles.

It turns out nice. Edible. Sedap okay.


Haha with not so many things to do, I have a high risk of gaining weight. Oh my.
Running shoes is missing u, sarah. Lols.

Okay, till my next food updates, tooodles!

No comments: